Here is a simple and quickest recipe for shepherds/cottage pie. Best served with a salad or vegetables.
Serves: 4 Time: 25 mins
- 500g Minced meat ( beef, lamb or quorn)
- Tinned tomatoes
- Baked beans
- Stock cube
- Black pepper
- Spices (optional)
- 2 Saucepans
- Large spoon
- Chopping board
1. Add a few peeled potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook on hob until soft.
2. Start cooking mince in saucepan unit. brown colour. Chop onion while waiting for meat to brown. Also, cut up carrots and boil in the microwave for 3-4 mins, until soft
3. When meat is brown, add all the other ingredients and stir.
3. Allow mixture to simmer for at least 15 mins. During this time, when potatoes are soft, drain and return to saucepan. Add a dash of butter and milk, then mash until desired consistency.
4. Serve with salad or vegetables.
Note: if you make a big portion, divide the mixture into small portions and freeze.