Chilli is a relatively quick and cheap meal and it can be served with a variety of sides, including: salad, rice, cous cous and on top of a jacket potato or hot dog for a chilli dog.
20 minute recipe!
Other supermarkets are available but this is based on Tesco.
Price approximately for 3-4 servings: £3.70.
- Minced meat (or quorn)
- Chilli con carne sachet mix
- Tinned tomatoes
- Kidney beans (any beans work)
- Black pepper
- Spices (optional)
- Large spoon
- Chopping board
1. Start cooking mince in saucepan until. brown colour. Chop onion while waiting.
2. When meat is brown, add all the other ingredients and stir.
3. Allow mixture to simmer for at least 15 mins. During this time, prepare your side dish e.g. rice, salad.
4. Serve the chilli with whatever side you choose.
Note: if you make a big portion, divide the mixture into 2-3 portions and freeze.